How can I update my privacy settings for LinkedIn Learning?
General profile privacy settings
- To adjust privacy settings go to “Me” in the top right-hand corner of your LinkedIn Home page. A drop down menu will appear, then click “Settings & Privacy”. By clicking “Edit your public profile” it will allow users to select how their profile appears to non-logged in members. Users are taken to their profile page with a list of setting to the right side of the screen. By selecting and adjusting different settings, users can see how it makes their profile appear. There are toggle on/off switches that either show or hide certain aspects of the user’s profile including headline, summary, posts and activities, education and groups.
- Under “Edit Visibility” on the right-hand side of the profile preview page under “Edit your public profile” users can toggle the on/off switch to change whether their profile is public or not.
- Making the email address private. To adjust email privacy setting go to “Me” in the top right-hand corner of your LinkedIn Home page. A drop down menu will appear, then click “Settings & Privacy”. From there users can click “Who can see your email address”, then select who can see the email address from the drop down menu. Connections will also have the ability to download a list of email addresses from LinkedIn, if the user would like to be unlisted from this feature they can toggle the “No” switch.
- If someone has the user’s email address, they can discover their LinkedIn profile. To change this, go to “Manage who can discover your profile if they have your email address” and select from the drop down menu the groups who are able to find the user on LinkedIn via their email address. There is also a setting for who can use a phone number to discover the user’s LinkedIn account.
- Go to “Me” in the top right-hand corner of your LinkedIn home page. A drop down menu will appear, then click “Settings & Privacy.” Click on the “Communications” menu at the top. This is where you can change the type and frequency of notifications you receive.
You can find more information on LinkedIn’s privacy settings, including how to hide your profile information from search engines like Google and Bing, here.