How do I write a review in the catalog?
87 views |
Last updated on Sep 19, 2017
You can write a review for a title in our catalog either from the Reviews section in the title's details page or after rating a title.
Add a Review from Reviews Option
- Search the catalog for the title you want to review.
- When your search results display, click the title you want to review to display the title details.
- Click Reviews. If any borrower reviews have already been written for the title, the reviews will display under the Borrower Reviews heading:
- Click Add New Review. If you aren't signed in, you will be prompted to do so at this point.
- The Add New Review form is displayed and you can complete the form as follows:
Rate This Title *: Place your mouse pointer over the stars to rate the item. The stars' color changes to yellow with a tool tip displaying the meaning of the rating. The stars meanings are as follows:
1 = Bad, 2 = Poor, 3 = Average, 4 = Good, 5 = Awesome.
Title of Your Review *: Type the title of the review you are going to write. You are allotted up to 40 characters. This is NOT the same as the title of the book, but is instead a title of your own creation.
Your Name (optional): Type your name or the name you want to use as the reviewer of the item. This is not a required field.
Write Your Review *: In the entry box, type your review. You are allotted up to 10,000 characters.
Note: In order to successfully submit your review, all * (required) fields must be completed. Failure to enter information in any of the three required areas will result in an error message requesting the missing information.
Tips for writing your review:
- Focus your review on the item.
- Be clear and concise.
- Describe your personal experience on whether you liked or disliked the item and why.
- Provide other readers with a taste of the plot, but do not give away surprises, especially the ending of the story.
- Do not use offensive language or profanity.
- Do not add contact information.
- After you have completed your review, look it over and then click the Submit button. Once you click Submit, you cannot delete or edit your review. After you click Submit, a green banner displays at the top of the screen: Thank you for submitting a review. Your review will be posted upon approval of library staff. Once your review is approved, it will post in the Reviews section of the title's record. You will not receive a notice when the review is actually posted.