How much are fines?
On July 1, 2021, we are starting a one-year pilot project of going fine free for all Metro-owned materials except technology (hotspots, Chromebooks, laptops, and iPads), Experience Passes, and titles borrowed via interlibrary loan. Metro-owned children’s materials are already fine free. Items that are lost or damaged will still incur replacement fees. For more information about our fine free project, please visit this page.
- iPads (MediaSurfer) - $5.00 per hour to a maximum of $60
- Interlibrary loan items are $.50 per day up to the replacement cost of the item
- WiFi hotspots are $.50 per day to a maximum of $30
- Chromebooks are $1 per day to a maximum of $30
- Experience passes are $1 per day to a maximum of $30
Once an item is 60 days overdue, the item is considered lost. The borrower who damages, loses, or does not return an item must pay the replacement cost as determined by the library system.
- Book, Magazine or Electronic Device - List price at the time of purchase
- Audiovisual Materials (CD & DVD) - Replacement cost if lost or damaged due to carelessness or neglect
- Audiovisual Materials, Liner Notes or Guide – No charge
If your account has a balance of $50 or more, you will be prevented from borrowing materials until the balance is below $50.