How much are fines?
Starting on July 1, there will be no overdue fines on juvenile (children's) materials. Lost/damaged juvenile materials will still incur charges.
- $0.10 per day with a maximum of $3.00 per item
- iPads (MediaSurfer) - $5.00 per hour to a maximum of $60
- Interlibrary loan items are $.50 per day up to the replacement cost of the item
- WiFi hotspots are $.50 per day to a maximum of $30
- Experience passes are $1 per day to a maximum of $30
Once an item is 60 days overdue, the item is considered lost. The borrower who damages, loses, or does not return an item must pay the replacement cost as determined by the library system.
- Book, Magazine or Electronic Device - List price at the time of purchase
- Audiovisual Materials (CD & DVD) - Replacement cost if lost or damaged due to carelessness or neglect
- Audiovisual Materials, Liner Notes or Guide – No charge
If your account has a balance of $50 or more, you will be prevented from borrowing materials until the balance is below $50.