Do you have narrated ("read along") eBooks?
We have narrated ("read along") eBooks from OverDrive in which the words are highlighted as they're spoken by the book's narrator. To see this collection:
- Visit our eReading Room for Kids, click the magnifying glass icon at the top and then click Advanced.
- In the Formats menu, select All eBooks and then click Search.
- On the search results page, click the eBooks search filter and then select OverDrive Read-along.
These titles must be read in the browser and you can learn more about our narrated eBooks on this page.
Additionally, a number of our Kindle eBooks (for kids, teens, and adults) support text-to-speech (TTS). This feature must be enabled on your Kindle Fire and you will need to test each title to determine whether or not it supports TTS.
You might be able to enable TTS in the Kindle app on your iPad/iPhone using the directions on this page.
To see our collection of narrated titles for kids from hoopla:
- Visit our hoopla collection in your browser or open the hoopla app and search for read along.
- Use the filtering options to narrow your search results by format (eBooks, audiobooks, movies, comics, etc.).
We also have picture books in print that are narrated by way of an audio reader that is permanently attached to the book. Readers simply press the play button to listen and read. To search for our narrated picture books:
- Visit catalog.metrolibrary.org and click the Advanced link.
- In the first drop down menu, select Call Number. In the second drop down menu, select contains. In the search box, type read along.
- Click the Advanced Search button.