What equipment is available in the makerspace?
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, our makerspace is currently unavailable. Please see this page for more information on our coronavirus response.
The following equipment is available in MLS Studios at the Bethany Library:
- One Mac computer and one PC computer, both with the full Adobe Creative Suite and Cura software to slice 3D prints
- 3D printers:
- IMADE 3D Jellybox 2 (uses 1.75mm filament)
- Lulzbot Taz 6 (uses 3mm filament)
- Cricut maker (customers will need to bring their own supplies to use this machine)
- Green screen wall
- Lighting equipment
- Gimbals and tripods
- iPads for photo and video
There are also STEM toys that can be checked out for in-library use only:
- Dash & Dot
- Rock Blocks
- Turing Tumble
Customers utilizing MLS Studios will need a valid Metropolitan Library card in good standing and to sign a user agreement form.