Can I see a history of everything I have checked out?
4324 views | 12 Vote this question as useful. 1 Vote this question as not useful. | Last updated on Feb 21, 2023 Account Management
Physical (not digital) items:
To protect the privacy of our customers, the Metropolitan Library does not maintain a history of checked out items. However, you can opt to keep a record of your checkout history of physical titles from this point forward:
- Visit metrolibrary.org and click My Account at the top.
- In the window that pops up, enter all the digits of your library card number. Your password or PIN is your full last name. Click Log In.
- If you have an ECARD number, enter that word along with the trailing digits with no spaces between them. For example: ecard1234567
- If your card number has a lowercase letter "c" at the end, do not include it when you enter your card number.
- On the Account Summary page and click the Opt-In & Notifications link.
- Check the box next to Save my loan history.
You can access your Loan History on the Account Activity tab.
Digital titles you've checked out in Libby are automatically added to your Timeline, where you'll see a list of titles you've borrowed, placed on hold, renewed, and returned. Your timeline is specific to the device you are on.
To view your Timeline, go to your shelf (the icon at the bottom of your screen that looks like two books), select "Tags," and select "Smart Tag: Borrowed." You can also manually add titles to your Timeline by searching for a title, selecting "Tag" next to the item you want to add, and next to "Smart Tag: Borrowed" tap the circle to add a check mark. For more information on the Timeline in Libby, visit Libby's help page.
If you are using Overdrive, visit the OverDrive help site for more information.
Digital titles checked out through Hoopla can be viewed by signing into the app or website, selecting "My hoopla," and selecting "History" (in the browser) or "Borrowed" (in the app).