How do I renew an item I have checked out?
13626 views | 19 Vote this question as useful. 4 Vote this question as not useful. | Last updated on Feb 27, 2023 Catalog Account Management
Our autorenewal service will automatically attempt to renew your checked out titles 3 days before they are due. If autorenewal is successful, you will not receive a notification; your due date will extend another 3 weeks and no additional action is necessary on your part. If autorenewal is unsuccessful, you will be notified ONLY if you are set up for email and/or text notifications.
To check your notification settings, visit metrolibrary.org/myaccount. After signing in with your card number and last name, visit the Account Summary section and select Opt-In & Notifications.Not Able to Renew?
If you tried to renew a title and see the message Item cannot be renewed at this time, it could be because:
- It is an interlibrary loan title, an Experience Pass, a Chromebook, or a hotspot.
- Another person has placed a hold on this item AND we have no copies on the shelf.
- You have reached your maximum number of allowed renewals (8).
- Your library card has expired.
- You have fines on your account that are preventing the renewal.