How do I renew an item I have checked out?
Our autorenewal service will automatically attempt to renew your checked out titles 3 days before they are due. If autorenewal is successful, you will not receive a notification; your due date will extend another 3 weeks and no additional action is necessary on your part. If autorenewal is unsuccessful, you will be notified ONLY if you are set up for email and/or text notifications.
To check your notification settings, visit metrolibrary.org/myaccount. After signing in with your card number and last name, click on your name in the top right corner of the page. Select Contact Information. From this page, you can update your phone number and email address and opt in or out of email and text notifications.Not Able to Renew?
If you tried to renew a title and see the message Item cannot be renewed at this time, it could be because:
- It is an interlibrary loan title, an Experience Pass, a Chromebook, or a hotspot.
- Another person has placed a hold on this item AND we have no copies on the shelf.
- You have reached your maximum number of allowed renewals (8).
- Your library card has expired.
- You have fines on your account that are preventing the renewal.