Can fines on my account prevent me from checking out books?
1512 views | 1 Vote this question as useful. 1 Vote this question as not useful. | Last updated on Apr 22, 2022 Account Management Fines & Fees Policies & Procedures
If the balance of fines and fees on your account reaches $50, you will not be able to borrow materials until the balance is paid below $50. To pay your fines:
- Visit metrolibrary.org and click My Account at the top.
- In the window that pops up, enter all 8 digits of your library card number and your last name and click Log In.
- If you have an ECARD number, enter that word along with the trailing digits with no spaces between them. For example: ecard1234567
- If your card number has a lowercase letter "c" at the end, do not include it when you enter your card number.
- On the Account Summary tab, click View Fines.
- Check the boxes to select whether to pay all or some of your fines and then click Pay Fines.
A balance of $50 or more will not prevent you from attending library programs, using library computers, or using materials in the library.