How do I change the default checkout period for eBooks/audiobooks?
By default, eBooks and downloadable audiobooks from OverDrive check out for 7 days but you can change this lending period to 14 days.
Note: Only titles that you borrow after changing this setting will be affected by the new lending period. The lending period for titles you've already borrowed will not change.
To change your default lending period:
- Visit metrolibrary.overdrive.com and click the 3 books icon at the top.
- Enter all the digits of your library card number. Your password/PIN is your last name.
- If you have an ECARD number, enter that word along with the trailing digits with no spaces between them. For example: ecard1234567
- If your card number has a lowercase letter "c" at the end, do not include it when you enter your card number.
- Click on the Settings link at the left.
- Pick the desired lending period for each format. Your settings are saved automatically.
With our always available eBook collection from EBSCO, you choose a lending period for downloaded eBooks of 1-21 days and you have an unlimited lending period for eBooks read in your browser.
With our always available eBook and audiobook collection from hoopla, you cannot change the default lending period of 21 days.