How do I cancel a hold?
To cancel a physical or digital hold in our catalog:
- Visit our catalog and click Sign In.
- In the window that pops up, enter all the digits of your library card number. Your password/PIN is your last name.
- If you have an ECARD number, enter that word along with the trailing digits with no spaces between them. For example: ecard1234567
- If your card number has a lowercase letter "c" at the end, do not include it when you enter your card number.
- Click on your name in the top right corner and then select Titles on Hold from the drop-down menu.
- You can click the yellow Cancel Hold link for each hold to cancel them one at a time or you can click the check boxes on the left side for multiple holds & click the yellow Cancel Selected link at the bottom of the check boxes to cancel multiple holds at once. You can also click the yellow Cancel All button to cancel all of your holds.
Note: Once a hold has arrived, it cannot be canceled online. Instead, please contact us and we can cancel it for you.
To cancel a digital hold in Libby:
- Visit the Libby app or libbyapp.com, sign in if prompted, and click the 2 books icon at the bottom of the screen:
- Select "Holds" at the top of the screen
- Select "Manage Hold" for the hold you wish to cancel
- Select "Cancel Hold"
For instructions on how to cancel holds on the OverDrive website, click here.