How do I cancel a hold?
1238 views | 1 Vote this question as useful. 1 Vote this question as not useful. | Last updated on Mar 17, 2023 Account Management
- Visit catalog.metrolibrary.org and click Log In.
- In the window that pops up, enter all the digits of your library card number. Your password/PIN is your last name.
- If you have an ECARD number, enter that word along with the trailing digits with no spaces between them. For example: ecard1234567
- If your card number has a lowercase letter "c" at the end, do not include it when you enter your card number.
- On the Account Summary page, click View Holds.
- You can click the blue Cancel Hold link for each hold to cancel them one at a time or you can click the check boxes on the right side for multiple holds & click the blue Cancel Hold link at the top of the check boxes to cancel multiple hold at once.
Note: Once a hold has arrived, it cannot be canceled online. Instead, please contact us and we can cancel it for you.
- Visit the Libby app or libbyapp.com, sign in if prompted, and click the 2 books icon at the bottom of the screen:
- Select "Holds" at the top of the screen
- Select "Manage Hold" for the hold you wish to cancel
- Select "Cancel Hold"
For instructions on how to cancel holds on the OverDrive website, click here.